The Sunshine Coast Regional Council has recently made an amendment to the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014, focusing on the Mooloolaba/Alexandra Headland Local Plan Area. The amendment primarily focusing on increased maximum height limitations for certain precincts in the Mooloolaba area, which is hoped to faciliate the delivery of Mooloolaba's first 5 star international luxary hotel on the ARIA site opposite the Mooloolaba Surf Club. Other noteable changes are featured below:
-Identification of a future community area/arts hub along Muraban Street with additional through block pedestrian/cycle linkages;
-The inclusion a new “Precinct MAH LPP-3 Mooloolaba Heart Street Activation”, promoting a range of food and drink outlets and small-scale retailing businesses to be located at ground level of mixed use buildings allowing for street activation;
- The inclusion of the specific design and planning requirements for the ARIA development site, which includes increased height limits (now 50m), increased maximum site coverage aned specific design inclusions for the future 5 star international hotel including:
- exemplar architecture and landscape design;
- over-sized guest rooms;
- expansive lobby;
- multiple restaurants;
- conference facilities;
- wide passageways;
- high ceiling heights;
- dedicated service lift;
- housekeeping and linen store on every floor;
- covered porte cochere capable of bus set down; and
- publicly accessible rooftop amenities and facilities (e.g. restaurant, day spa and pool).
-Amendment of the Height of buildings and structures overlay for a number of specific sites within the Mooloolaba/Alexandra Headland local plan area. Specific sites that were once restricted to a maximum height 15m along Muraban Street and First Avenue now have the ability to reach a maximum height of 25m.
Please click link to full review of the adopted amendments to the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014.